© 2007 Tower Isle’s Frozen Foods, Ltd.
Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points Program
HACCP is a science-based system that identifies and includes preventative controls in food production steps where unsafe conditions could occur. HACCP is the Food and Drug Administration's standard food safety system.
In our continuing interest to deliver the best possible products to our customers, we at Tower Isle’s Frozen Foods, Ltd. have a fully implemented HACCP safety system in our meat manufacturing and distribution segment.
We at Tower Isle’s Frozen Foods, Ltd. assures you that we will continue to provide the best products manufactured in the safest environment possible
Advantages of HACCP:
• Focuses on identifying and preventing hazards from contaminating food.
• Is based on sound science.
• Permits more efficient and effective government oversight, primarily because the recordkeeping allows investigators to see how well a firm is complying with food safety laws over a period rather than how well it is doing on any given day.
• Places responsibility for ensuring for safety appropriately on the food manufacturer or distributor.
• Helps food companies compete more effectively in the world market.
• Reduces barriers to international trade.
Tower Isle’s Frozen Foods, Ltd. has state of the art equipment which enables us to bring you the highest quality food products. Under the guidance of a HACCP Plan, thus ensuring the added safety of our products, Tower Isle’s Frozen Foods, Ltd. is the premier manufacturer of Jamaican Style Patties that are made with beef, chicken, or vegetable filling and wrapped in a flaky pastry crust.
"Americans enjoy one of the safest food supplies in the world and it is getting safer."
Dr. Elsa Murano
U.S. Department of Agriculture Under Secretary for Food Safety
United States Department of Agriculture
Food Safety and Inspection Service
Food safety is an important component of any food operation and can affect the bottom line. Customers expect food establishments to prepare their food safely.
The Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is the public health agency in the U.S. Department of Agriculture responsible for ensuring that the nation's commercial supply of meat, poultry, and egg products is:
— and correctly labeled and packaged.
Tower Isle’s Frozen Foods, Ltd., has a USDA Inspector on the premises who, together with management, oversees our day-to-day manufacturing and distribution.